Monday 16 March 2015

54

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/05/gaming-streamer-gets-swatted-as-online-griefing-enters-real-world
Gamer raided by Swat team in front of 60,000 viewers

Joshua Peters, was targeted by anonymous attackers in the middle of a Twitch stream of the browser game Runescape. The veteran was confronted by 10 armed SWAT team members where they had arrived at the veteran’s house and was in shock.

Facts/Phrases:

    Joshua Peters streaming live on Twitch.
  • Before ending the show, the streamer turned back to the audience, and addressed his attacker. “I see you posting my address. I had police point a gun at my little brothers because of you. They could have been shot, they could have died. Because you chose to swat my stream. I don’t give a shit about what you have against me, or what I did to you. For that I am at a loss for words. Your gripe is with me. But do not involve my family in this. They don’t deserve it.”

In my opinion,this has been caused due to the advancement of new and digital media. This is because the rise has introduced newer cyber crimes, like taking peoples networks or channels down for publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment